Members of the Kiwanis Club of Birmingham who are in good standing are eligible to make nominations to the BBHOF. Nominating is open from Dec. 1, 2018 to Jan. 31, 2019. The BBHOF committee will review all nominations and make selections for the induction class of 2019.
The following criteria are used in selecting nominees for the Birmingham Business Hall of Fame:
- The individual has actively engaged in an endeavor that has had substantial positive economic impact on the Greater Birmingham area.
- Normally, the recipient should be the chief executive and/or founder of a company or in a major leadership role of a company or organization that has developed, matured or expanded under his/her leadership.
- The individual receiving the award has demonstrated leadership that is responsible for substantial positive change in commerce, industry, education, employment or other areas and may be living or deceased.
- Nominees should be leaders of enterprises located in the Greater Birmingham area.
- Consideration will also be given to institutional change and its positive growth/impact to the Greater Birmingham community, job creation, economic contribution or any other positive impact on the Birmingham area.